Klaas Breur travel grants
Every year, NVRB makes a number of travel grants available from the Klaas Breur Fund. Young investigators, PhD students and Postdocs who are employed at a Dutch College, University or Research Institute, and who are also a member of the NVRB, can apply for a travel grant of €500 for a European congress or €750 for a congress outside of Europe. Applications have to be related to scientific meetings with a clear focus on radiobiology. The applications can be submitted throughout the year. The NVRB board members will judge the applications. Important criteria are scientific originality of the research and quality of the submitted abstract. Each NVRB member is entitled to two travel grant applications.
How to apply
- Send an extended one-page abstract, name of the congress you wish to attend and a short C.V. at least 3 months before the congress registration deadline to the secretariat of the NVRB. Please include your address and bank account number (IBAN).
- The applicants will be requested to give an oral presentation at the yearly NVRB scientific symposium. The presentation will be part of the selection procedure. In very special cases, the NVRB will request the oral presentation after the congress for which the grant is requested.
Once the grant is awarded
Acknowledgement of the NVRB contribution (e.g. “Supported by the Dutch Society for Radiation Biology”) and/or the NVRB logo under the abstract / poster / acknowledgements in the PowerPoint presentation will be appreciated. The travel grant must be used for the congress for which it is requested.
- Danny Feijtel (Erasmus MC)
- Magda Rother (LUMC)
- Jakub Kochan (AMC)
- Anne Margriet Heijink (UMCG)
- Julie Nonnekens (ErasmusMC)
- Xiaohong Peng (UMCG)
- Bregje van Oorschot (AMC)
- Arlene Oei (AMC)
- Peter Nagle (UMCG)
- Andries Groen (UMCG)
- Daisy Wang (UMCG)
- Annemarie Post (RadboudMC)
- Nicolle Rekers (MaastrO)
- Tom Keulers (MaastrO)
- Julie Nonnekens (Erasmus MC) was awarded with an ERRS young investigator award.
- Julie Nonnekens (Erasmus MC)
- Marike van Gisbergen (MaastrO)
- Arlene Oei (AMC)
- Cecilia Rocchi (UMCG)
- Ravi Narayan (VUMC) awarded with an ERRS young investigator award to travel to the 2015 ICRR congress.
- Rob Coppes awarded with the Bacq and Alexander medal at the ERRS 2015.
- Esther Kleibeuker (VUMC, Amsterdam)
- Barry Jutten (MaastrO Lab, Maastricht)
- Anika Nagelkerke (Radboud Unversity, Nijmegen)
- Martti Maimets (UMC Groningen)
- NVRB Young investigator award: Twan van den Beucken (Maastro Maastricht)
- Monique Nijkamp (UMC Nijmegen)
- Lalitha Nanduri (UMC Groningen)
- Hanneke Stegeman (UMC Nijmegen)
- Marloes Wennemers (UMC Nijmegen)
- Martti Maimets (Department of Cell Biology, Section Radiation and Stress Cell Biology)
- Ricardo Alexandre Leite (Erasmus MC, Rotterdam)
- Sonja van der Veen (University Medical Centre, Groningen)
- Ingar Seemann (Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam)